- October 3rd (first Saturday): Georgia Genealogical Society Seminar, "Expanding Your Resource Arsenal for Genealogical Success," at the Atlanta History Center, requires registration.
- October 10th (second Saturday): RootsTech Family Discovery Day in Powder Springs, this link is to the Facebook Page for the event, follow the link there to sign-up or to find an event near you. Free.
- October 21st & 22nd (a Wednesday and Thursday): NARA Virtual Genealogy Fair. Free. If you watch live you can ask questions. You can also watch the recorded sessions later. Did I mention it's FREE?
- October 24th (fourth Saturday): 3rd Annual Georgia Archives and Genealogy Day. 9-5, free (beginners' class requires a registration, still free)
- October 31st (fifth Saturday): Georgia Chapter, Association of Professional Genealogists Study Group. Further details will be posted on the chapter's web page.
- November 6th & 7th (if October was too busy): Ancestry Day in Raleigh. Registration required.
Genealogists love to learn more about genealogy but there are so many events it's hard to keep up. Here are two calendars of events. Both rely on the hosts to post events so they won't be completely inclusive.
EOGN Calendar of Genealogy Events (in-person and online events)
DearMYRTLE's GeneaWebinars Calendar (online, "webinars")